Home Forums Get Help for Klok Snapping doesn’t work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

For some reason snapping doesn’t work for me. It snaps to numbers like 11:59 and the incrementing isn’t accurate either. The incrementing will be for 58 minutes, 59 minutes, it varies. It often isn’t 60 min exactly though. I’m running 1.5. Is this a known bug or do i have something configured wrong? I do have snapping turned on and incrementing at 60 minutes.

Are you running on Linux or Windows?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Windows Vista ultimate 32 bit

Anonymous
    Inactive

?

mozelleminaya35mozelleminaya35
    Participant

I have observed the same behavior using version 1.5.1 RC1.1 on 64-bit RHEL 5.3 and Adobe Air 1.5.1 release 8210. When set to Snapping constrains to 15 minute increments, entries dragged into the Week view from the task tree will snap to 11:59, 12:14, 12:29, etc.

The most unusual part is that after Klok is open for “a while” it snaps according to my snap preference on the hour, for example to 12:00, 12:15, 12:30, etc. I can’t duplicate how to make it snap to these on-the-hour times, yet, it just starts working suddenly after it’s been open for a while. I haven’t been able to figure out if it changes behavior after being open for a certain amount of time, or if there is some action I unknowingly take that eventually gets it working the way I expect.

What I can duplicate locally is that, by restarting Klok, entries dragged from the task tree to the Week view snap to 1 minute off the hour times.

hiramgriffis78hiramgriffis78
    Participant

All,
    Has this been resolved yet? I am seeing the same behaviour on Windows XP and Windows 7

Cheers
    Jo

willfergerson7willfergerson7
    Participant

I am also seeing this behavior on Windows 7 with Klok 1.5.1 RC1.1

winonamcmanus54winonamcmanus54
    Participant

Snapping isn’t working for me either. I started using Klok about 1.5 weeks ago, and I just noticed that the times are all off. This is the current list of work times for one project:

start 2:18 pm, end 2:28 pm, Klok says this is 16 minutes

start 4:47 pm, end 5:15 pm, Klok says this is 46 minutes

start 3:44 pm, end 4:42 pm, Klok says this is 97 minutes

What is going on here? I’m on Windows 7, downloaded Klok <2 weeks ago.

I would like it to snap to 15 minute intervals – can this be setup?

The snapping issues have been resolved in version 2.

Note that some the issues you describe with the numbers not adding up are due to the fact that the timesheets show values in decimals rather than h:mm. so for example, in the case where your entry was from 2:16 to 2:26 the output you are seeing is the decimal equivalent of .16 hours (not 16 minutes). Be cause of the fact that half of the users preferred decimal and the other preferred h:mm, version 2 includes a preference when you can choose the format you would like the durations to be in on the timesheets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.