Home Forums Get Help for Klok Reporting formats vary for unknown reasons

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    xiomaramacalusoxiomaramacaluso
    Participant

Hi, I’m very happy with the time collecting features of Klok. I really like the graphical interface and metaphor.

Where I run into trouble is in exporting time entries. So far, I’ve only been able to find one useful export format, which is when I export all time entry data for a project. That gives me a useful spreadsheet with each entry (row) containing all relevant fields (columns) — date, project, start/stop/duration, and comment.

The other export methods, including doing a timesheet by dates, gives me a vastly less useful format that collects comments for all the various [unrelated] projects in one concatenated hodgepodge.

I can’t imagine why someone wouldn’t want the normalized reporting all the time, but my problem comes down to this: to build a timesheet for a week, I have to export ALL the data for each project, load that into a spreadsheet, delete out the previously billed days, and then put all the data together to clean up and manipulate. The extra steps of individual exports and massive row deletion are starting to take their toll on me.

Are there settings to standardize all the reporting to one consistent format? I would really like to be able to export all my data since the last report (the calendar select tool is a very nice and intuitive touch, BTW) and have it in a real excel-ready, data-friendly format. This is probably a standard use profile for a professional (I’m using this for tracking my legal billings).

If I could figure this out, I’ll up my prior donation to the full purchase. It’s stealing back the time I gain from using Klok!

Thanks,

Rick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.