Home Forums Get Help for Klok Repeating Tasks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings,

How do you suggest dealing with repeating tasks? I do the same tasks week after week. How should I reset the time on those tasks to start fresh today, the beginning of the new week?

Thank you.

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

Repeating entries is one of those features that sounds much simpler than it is to implement. The reason I haven’t prioritized it is because, in my work, it is pretty unlikely that anything truly repeats exactly from week to week. When you have a weekly meeting for example, they never start or end at the exact same time or last for the exact same duration. Since my original goal was to create a tool that gave a very accurate view of the time spent, I felt like the repeating entries would all have to be adjusted each time anyway.

That being said, if enough people can argue that this adds significant value, I will put it in (even if I wouldn’t use it myself).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Rob,

That makes sense. For my work, I definitely would like to see it added to an already wonderful product. I spend my weeks doing exactly the same thing, over and over, week after week. I have exactly 8 main task, and each one of those has 2-3 sub-tasks. With your product, I don’t see anyway to keep from having to delete the tasks and subtasks and retype them over each week when I want to begin counting the hours for that week. I wish there was a way to simply delete the time spent (without erasing the history) without deleting the tasks themselves, so that I wouldn’t have to retype all 8 of them (with their subtasks) over and over each week.

Possibly there is a way to do that now, I just can’t think of one.

Thank you again, Rob, for an excellent product!

@Rob wrote:

Repeating entries is one of those features that sounds much simpler than it is to implement. The reason I haven’t prioritized it is because, in my work, it is pretty unlikely that anything truly repeats exactly from week to week. When you have a weekly meeting for example, they never start or end at the exact same time or last for the exact same duration. Since my original goal was to create a tool that gave a very accurate view of the time spent, I felt like the repeating entries would all have to be adjusted each time anyway.

That being said, if enough people can argue that this adds significant value, I will put it in (even if I wouldn’t use it myself).

I recently updated to 1.5.1 RC1.1 and the labels on my entries are gone. I can see them if I export a timesheet, but not on the normal week view. Anyone else having this issue?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.