Home Forums Feature Requests Project and Sub Projects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d love to see times from a Sub Project aggregate to it’s parent Project/Sub Project

eg

0001 Project – time 05:40
    0001-1 Sub Project – time 03:40
    0001-1-1 Sub Project- time 00:30
    0001-1-2 Sub Project – time 01:30
    0001-1-3 Sub Project – time 01:40
    0001-2 Sub Project – time 02:00
    0001-2-1 Sub Project – time 01:00
    0001-2-2 Sub Project – time 00:40
    0001-2-3 Sub Project – time 00:20

This would then allow easier tracking of various items, their parent items and the entire project.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

I second that request. :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just started using Klok on a trial basis. I think it fits our needs better than anything I’ve tried but I agree that I need the time sheet to show the aggregate time so I don’t have to do the math manually.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed. This would definitely be a nice reporting feature. Of course “totals” still need to make sense when you are looking at things in tabular format such that you aren’t duplicating time. We break project work out into sub-categories such as training, development, etc (important for software capitalization) but also want to see “how much time is spent on this project as a whole” or higher levels in the hierarchy. Some platforms such as Salesforce.com solve an issue like this with summary and matrix reports. I’ve seen some reports in the Team Console that may be rolling up but I haven’t quite gotten a handle on the “roll-up” setting…what exactly it’s doing. Thanks for what you DO have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bit late to this thread, but just in case you come across it the same way that I did.

Turns out that while I can’t figure out a way to show the aggregate time for a project and its sub-projects on the screen, you can get that aggregate view by downloading the Excel/CSV file for the project. Works like a treat.

Don’t forget the square bracket [h] trick for your time totals in Excel!

HTH

Been using Klok on a free trial for a week or so, but it seems to fit my needs perfectly, so will purchase shortly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to request *shortcuts*, for the main features, like add new project, new subproject, add time entry.
    From experience and observing other developers, they want to spend as little time as possible when adding entries in timesheets.

Using the mouse is Apple like, but sucks when it comes to productivity.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Our team of professional web designers offers the best website design service for $49/mo. The responsibility of our web design company is not to design a website only, but to design an online face for our customers that reflect their vision, mission, and strategy.
    http://www.mapitinc.com/basic-website-design.php

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.