Home Forums Feature Requests Pause on hibernate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cristinastreetencristinastreeten
    Participant

Hi,

I keep forgetting to click ‘STOP’ at the end of a day. I usually either hibernate my PC overnight. When I get back in the morning and switch it on, I find I have been working on a project all night! Can you please implement a ‘pause on hibernate’ feature, so that if I hibernate my PC and resume it later, it doesn’t clock up all the time that it’s been off.

ben

elwoodcarlisle3elwoodcarlisle3
    Participant

Another idea that I think would help based on experience with the software. Today, I hibernated my laptop and forgot to stop the project. The time was not hard to edit the time, but it would be nice to have an option to stop or pause the timer when the machine is hibernated. Having an option, if possible, would let those who are working on a project without using their laptop/PC count the time while the rest of us would not. The solution I envision would be a choice between three parameters: stop the timer when hibernated, pause the timer when hibernated and restart when awakened, maintain the timer when hibernated. Maybe the option is there and I’ve just missed it.

lucindam18lucindam18
    Participant

It would be a nice feature. While it is rather simple to just manually edit the time afterwards, automating this would be good. The main issue I’d imagine this becoming a problem (I haven’t tested it) is if I choose to hibernate Windows with Klok still going (my primary OS) and switched to OSX – then what would Klok say?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What you could do is add a “task” that starts when you go into hibernation and then the user can see very clearly when a computer actually did go into hibernation as they may not know.

so it would look in Weekview something like

|#|
    |#|
    |#||#|
    |#||#|
    |#||#|
    |#|

Green being the Task, and the Red being the Hibernation task that was created..

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem, which is also one of the reasons I stopped using Klok.
    I think it should check if the user is idle (meaning no mouse movement for a long time) and if he is
    display a message that says “pausing project in x time”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 for pause on hibernate. I definitely “shut the lid” a lot and then open up to resume and forget to stop the task.

Not a fan so much of the mouse movement auto pause idea… I think I’m not alone that I track things like phone calls and other activities that don’t engage keyboard or mouse.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.