Home Forums Get Help for Klok Output format for invoicing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hiramgriffis78hiramgriffis78
    Participant

Hi there,
    for my invoices i need to take the data on a project by project basis, for a given time period, and get it out in a format very much like the Project View | Time Entries.

Is there an easy way to do this. I feel I’m missing something very obvious!

Cheers
    Jo

alfonsooshea7alfonsooshea7
    Participant

Does seem like we are missing something but I don’t think so. I just put in a request for this in the updates section. Right now the only way I can figure to do it is to down load weekly time sheets and sort based on client, then cut and past into a new spreadsheet. Regardless, this is still the best software I have found for time tracking and the little inconvenience is worth it.

Participant

Dnaman,
    Its a minor inconvenience, but a big pain.

Still – you are right – its a quick, simple, elegant solution in every other regard. I hope this small hole gets plugged soon!

Cheers
    Jo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe I’m not quite following what you are asking but isn’t this feature there already? Click on the project or sub-project and then click ‘Download all time entry data’ and you get the time entries for that particular project.

Participant

@Aidan wrote:

Maybe I’m not quite following what you are asking but isn’t this feature there already? Click on the project or sub-project and then click ‘Download all time entry data’ and you get the time entries for that particular project.

Aidan,
    That does work, but its not filterable (i.e. by a given calendar month). Also, the output order is all over the show when you do that.

Having said that, it is what I’m using at the moment. However, I have to convert the dates into the correct format (Klok doesn’t use ISO standard time/date formats in its output), then sort the output, then scrape out only the month I want, then do some other tweaking, THEN it goes into an invoice. Fortunately, this is all done programatically… but its shouldn’t be required.

Cheers
    Jo

In version 2 (download the beta at http://klok.mcgraphix.com/klok/betaProgram.htm) you can generate a timesheet for any time period for any project (including sub projects)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JoAnywhere wrote:

Hi there,
    for my invoices i need to take the data on a project by project basis, for a given time period, and get it out in a format very much like the Project View | Time Entries.

Is there an easy way to do this. I feel I’m missing something very obvious!

Cheers
    Jo

Try http://www.fetchflow.com/invoice-templates. Here you can make invoices and can make its output in any format according to the need of your project. Templates are absolutely free and have lots of unique features. You can easily use them for your projects and make any changes at any time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can make arrangement here at Invoice Templates :P totally free utilizing your sticker for windows. you can utilize your logo additionally to make it expert for your business as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Right now the only way I can figure to do it is to down load weekly time sheets and sort based on client, then cut and past into a new spreadsheet. Regardless, this is still the best software I have found for time tracking and the little inconvenience is worth it. 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.