Home Forums Get Help for Klok My Klok has stopped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Klok2 was working on my Toshiba A665D laptop running Win7 Pro then started stalling on initialization. AV is Bit Defender Internet Security 2011. It’s working just fine on the desktop machine with the same set-up. I’ve uninstalled it, restarted, and reinstalled, but still no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still no go. It’s running just fine on the desktop machine with the same AV, so I doubt if that’s the issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was synchronizing Klok between my desktop machine and my laptop using MS SyncToy, a directory-based utility. Display settings in config.xml that were fine for the desktop choked the laptop and vice versa.

The fix was to create a separate sub-directory for klok.db and point the back-up/synching utility there so that each machine’s personalized config.xml remains unchanged.

Under Tools|Preferences|General I changed the location from;

C:Users[Username]AppDataRoamingKlok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1Local Store to;

C:Users[Username]AppDataRoamingKlok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1Local StoreKlok DB

which contains only klok.db and SyncToy’s change tracking file. (One oddity – I had to restart Klok2 twice before the change in data file location was reflected in the preferences.)

It’s now working fine and I’m lovin’ Klok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the problem with mac is that you need something else to connect two mac pc’s. There is some tool that can initiate the connection between these two machines unlike in the windows PC’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.