Home Forums Get Help for Klok moving data from earlier version to 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alfonsooshea7alfonsooshea7
    Participant

I want to switch to Klok 2 but am concerned I will lose the data that I currently have in Klok. Will that be a problem?

Participant

I am guessing that no reply to my question means yes?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just performed an upgrade from 1.5 beta to klok 2.0 release and there IS a way to easily import all your old stuff.

1. First install Klok2, I backed up my Klok.dat(On Vista/7 located in C:Users{UserName}AppDataRoamingKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store replace {UserName} with your current user’s name) for 1.5 beta but this was NOT needed as Klok 1.5 beta and Klok2 can run side by side.

2.Once Klok2 is installed back up your Klok.dat if you haven’t already.(same location as above; just to be safe.)
    Then Open Klok2 and Click the down arrow on Tools and select “Import Klok 1.x data
    [attachment=0:124eccrx]Klok_Import.JPG[/attachment:124eccrx]
    3. It will open a file explorer (On Vista/7) go to C:Users{UserName}AppDataRoamingKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store replace {UserName} with your current user’s name.
    Select your klok.dat file and click OPEN.

4. Next it will confirm the import(According to the text it may take several minutes depending on the number of projects and time entries that you have, also I assume it depends on the speed of your computer as well.)
    I had 1006 items(91 projects and 915 time entries)on my fairly fast work machine it took less than 15 seconds.
    Clock Continue with Import.

If everything went as planed you should have time entries and projects rolled over to the Klok2.

Hope that helps.

Participant

Thanks for the assistance. Anywhere else that that that file might be? Can’t locate it there.

Participant

Darn strange. I am running win 7 and cannot find the back-up file anywhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What Operating system are you running?

Also you can try searching your computer for “KLOK.dat” this is the storage file for klok 1.x

Participant

chair-keyboard interface problem :D. very slick. I will be paying for the full version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@aea414 wrote:

Also you can try searching your computer for “KLOK.dat” this is the storage file for klok 1.x

This did it for me, thank you.

I’m moving from an XP machine to a Win 7 one and was concerned about losing our job and billing history. It’s kindof scary how you can start depending on an application. :)

The new Klok 2.0 is really cool, I’m glad mcgraphix is starting to move it into the mainstream; I’d wondered whether it’d been an idea someone started then forgot about or didn’t have time to “finish”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.