Home Forums Feature Requests Mark time entries as invoiced

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

First let me say that Klok is brilliant! I’ve been using it since the beginning of the year (New Year’s resolution to track my time better ;) ) and I really love it’s ease of use and the views it gives me of how I’ve spent my time. I’m a freelance web designer/developer and therefore have a need for an application like this – before Klok I used paper time sheets and I found it a hassle going back through pages and pages to add up my hours for a project and also error prone – easy to miss a written entry. However, one thing I could do with the paper system that I can’t do with Klok was mark off the time entries that I have already invoiced. It would be a cool feature to have in Klok – i.e. to be able to mark time entries as invoiced (bulk action preferably) and then get a view of what hasn’t been invoiced yet.

Another approach could be to have one or two generic custom fields in the time entries and a checkbox style custom field could then be setup by the user to mark invoiced time entries or they could be used for other purposes – I think many Klok users could find a good use for a custom field.

What do you think? Has this been considered before?

Regards,
    Aidan

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is a great idea. I need to think about the best way to handle it though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, that spammer got me back here checking for new msgs on this topic. Anyway, I’ll share what I do now as a workaound (while I eagerly await this feature being added ;) ) – I add a sub project called ‘invoiced’. Then when I invoice a job, I move the job into the invoiced folder. A feature like what I suggested would still be a better approach but this gets me by in the meantime. Haven’t seen any new updates to Klok since I started using it at the beginning of the year so I guess development is at a standstill but I still think it’s a great little app and will benefit greatly from a bit of refinement/enhancement.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.