Home Forums Get Help for Klok Klok on Ubuntu Linux – Adobe AIR not well supported, future?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a definitive guide to running Klok running on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux?

I’ve attempted to install Adobe AIR on Ubuntu 14.04 Linux but it hasn’t worked for me. Adobe aren’t officially supporting it anymore ( http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/install-air-2-64-bit.html “Why did Adobe decide to discontinue further support for Adobe AIR for desktop Linux®?” ).

So I’ve looked for help on askubuntu.com which has good quality community provided answers for many questions, however I was unsuccessful in following the several answers their on running Adobe AIR, so I can’t run Klok on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS.

I also regularly use Mac OS at work (where I use my licensed copy of Klok) and would also be looking to have licensed copies running on my personal machines running Mac OS, Ubuntu, Windows 7 and 8.1 Pro as well on the move and at home. With sufficient number of licenses purchased, I’d like to run Klok on all these machines and sync between them using Google Drive or Dropbox.

There is a side question: Is there a future in basing Klok on Adobe AIR, when there are other cross-platform options such as Qt and recently Microsoft announced official cross platform support of .net.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For Klok working on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, I wrote another forum post that solves this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=640

Harvey FisherHarvey Fisher
    Participant

the minimize and especially the drop down to switch between projects. Please keep this one alive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.