Home Forums Get Help for Klok Klok hangs at initializing 70%

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I installed the free version of Klok a couple of weeks ago. Started to get to know it, and getting to like it, when it suddenly stopped working.

At the time it stopped, I’d just upgraded my Dropbox account to a paid one, and transferred all the files under “My Documents” to the Dropbox folder, including the folder where my Klok.db file was kept (hadn’t thought about the implications until it stopped working). I assumed the problem was related to this move, so moved the Klok folder back to My Documents, and then waited for Dropbox to finish synchronising, since this move back didn’t appear to help any.

Now that Dropbox is synchronised, I’m still having problems. I’ve even gone to the extent of uninstalling Klok, downloading a fresh copy of the program and reinstalling it – including rebooting between steps – and it still won’t start up. It hangs at “Initializing…70%”.

The one thing I haven’t done is delete the old Klok.db file, though I have renamed the folder it is in, and the file itself (to klok.old) to move it out of the way. I’d like to retrieve the data from that file at some stage if I can – but if that is what is now holding me up, I’d rather remove it than not move forward at all.

I’m running Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get past this problem?

Kind Regards,
    Wendy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Wendy,

As the data in my Klok has grown, it does momentarily pause at 70% (3 seconds or so) while initializing but does start up after that.

The database is a SqlLite database, and if you are feeling adventurous you could download an editor and extract all your old data from it.

There is a project on SourceForge that can open and browse the data file, http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

Needless to say, you should make a copy of the file before opening it in that tool.

HTH,

Anonymous
    Inactive

The issue is you still have existing files of KLOK in the system, which is preventing the installation of new software. In this case, go to safe mode, remove all files of KLOK and then install the free version back. See if it works.

Thanks
    For tech support- Windows XP help now

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your posts! Very interesting!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.