Home Forums 3rd Party Integration Is $20 a fair price for 3rd party integration?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In order for me to keep Klok at the top of my priority list (which contains paying clients’ work) I have decided to make an attempt to offset the development cost by charging for the 3rd party integration feature which will be available in the coming months. I realize that any cost is not as good as free, but what I would like to know is if people honestly feel that $20 (USD) is fair or not. Keep in mind that the personal edition will remain free. This is only for the ability to connect to a remote system. What do you think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

$20 should be more than fair. Anybody that is looking to integrate with a TP system is likely using Klok to help manage a commercial effort of some kind, so it makes sense for you to charge for that feature.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely fair, i think that the excel integration provided suffices to integrate with a lot of systems. I know the week view saves me countless hours in report preparation for my billable hours.

Thank you very much for the donation :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

$20 is VERY Fair. My personal request would be Quickbooks Integration. Anything to keep from paying Intuit’s extortion 😡 subscription fees for their web based time tracking.

Thanks and keep up the GREAT work on this very useful tool, Mr. McKeown. You can count on my financial support – I tried just now to donate $20 to your development efforts, using the Paypal Site, it was giving me endless grief. I will try again later

Mark Talbot
    http://www.xplore-design.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Direct Quickbooks integration is more complicated that you would think. There isn’t a way I can integrate directly with the data store of the Quickbooks desktop application. My intent was to integrate with their SAAS offering, but I have a long TODO list and it hasn’t made it to the top yet.

indiralamontagneindiralamontagne
    Participant

I also think that $20 is more than fair; dude, what you’ve developed is truly awesome!

Personally, I’d love to have Redmine support. I know at least 5 more programmers that would pay for it. In general, the Redmine community is fairly big and it’s growing :D

sabinamason404sabinamason404
    Participant

$20 is not a fair price… for YOU! It’s a fantastic deal for your customers. Depending on the level of integration with QB, you could be charging ten times that.

Granted this is a QB integration tool, Synergration’s AccessBooks RealTime starts at $199 for the basic version. It only pulls data from QB. If you want bidirectional dataflow, you’re looking at $348, as a starting point.

So what is your plan? API? Web Service? Data export?

tbzadelaidetbzadelaide
    Participant

$20 is great. We just blew $59 on copies of Project 2007 Standard for a bunch of people in our office. At the $20 price point, I can either (a) afford to buy it for myself personally, and use it on the job stealthily, or (b) convince the department to buy it since it will only cost $300 for a team of 15 people.

Anonymous
    Inactive

$20 is great. We just blew $59 on copies of Project 2007 Standard for a bunch of people in our office. At the $20 price point, I can either (a) afford to buy it for myself personally, and use it on the job stealthily, or (b) convince the department to buy it since it will only cost $300 for a team of 15 people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.