Home Forums Get Help for Klok How to set up team connector path on Macs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

We are presently trialling the team connector and team console for consolidating timesheet data from klok. Our office has both Macs and Windows PCs. We have setup Team connector on the PCs without any problems and it works flawessly, but we cannot configure team connector on the Macs. The problem is with the network path, what format should it take?

the PCs use: p:recordstimesheetdata

the unc path is: \servernameadminrecordstimesheetdata

we’ve tried both unc and smb on the macs but to no avail.

Can you advise?

Regards,

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi David,

Hopefully you’ve found the answer to your question.

For future Forum searchers, I’ve found on the Mac’s one has to map the shared drive first (e.g., Finder>Go>Connect to Server, or Apple Key+k). Then in Klok you would need to enter the information as:

Mode = Network File Mode
    Network Path = /Volumes/Klok (or whatever you named the share)

Then follow the install instructions to complete.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HTH
    Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have the same problem, but am following Steve’s instructions and it still doesn’t work.
    Is there a user manual to guide you on the 2 processes involved of intsalling & connecting Macs using the team connector, and the team console please?
    Many thanks
    Lulu

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had this problem too but I solved it by myself.
    The path must be something like this: /Volumes/design/Klokwork
    and there must be placed the Projects.xml file in the same place among the username folders.
    To make the file just export the project tree (klok -> preferences -> general), name it correctly and put in the Klokwork folder. Only after that there came needed files in every users folders.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the problem with mac is that you need something else to connect two mac pc’s. There is some tool that can initiate the connection between these two machines unlike in the windows PC’s.

CORBIN GRAVELY
    snoring mouth piece

Anonymous
    Inactive

The path must be something like this: /Volumes/design/Klokwork
    and there must be placed the Projects.xml file in the same place among the username folders.
    To make the file just export the project tree (klok -> preferences -> general), name it correctly and put in the Klokwork folder. Only after that there came needed files in every users folders.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.