Home Forums Get Help for Klok How to backup and move data to alternate location

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A common question I get about Klok is how can I back up my data “just in case”. The data for Klok is stored in a file called klok.dat. It can be found at

Windows XP: C:Documents and Settings[User Name]Application DataKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store

Windows Vista: C:Users[User Name]AppDataRoamingKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store

Close Klok and copy that file somewhere safe. In the event of a problem, just copy that file back and start Klok and you will get your data back. As you might have guessed, you could use this method to transfer your data between computers if you wanted to, essentially allowing you to “sync” multiple instances of Klok.

In version 1.5 the location the data file is stored in is configurabe from the preferences panel. You could specify a network drive, or portable drive such as USB key to sync multiple instances of Klok. This is not intented to allow for multiple instances to log time in the same file becuase only one instance of Klok can access the file at a time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.