Home Forums Get Help for Klok Help! All my data has disappeared!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Help! I saw a similar post from earlier this year with no resolution–what do I do??

What version and OS are you using?

Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

Klok 1.5.1 RC.1, Windows XP (SP2? 3? not sure–)

Try a windows search for a file named klok.dat and let me know what you find.

Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

The search function (set to look everywhere) found one folder called klok.dat, and three files it identified as “klok.dat”

One is on my desktop–I cut and pasted this one out of the “Local Storeklok.dat” folder yesterday in the vain hope it was original and would remain uncorrupted while I messed around with this problem.

One of the files that came up in the search has the form “1230754676859_klok.dat” and has 302 bytes; it is in “Documents and Settings(my computer)Application DataKlok.(long alphanumeric string that I can give you if you need it).1Local Store”

The third (klok.dat-the one I copied) is in “Documents and Settings(my computer)Application DataKlok.(long alphanumeric string that I can give you if you need it).1Local Storeklok.dat”

I did try changing preferences to alter the file location using the “Use data from file in new location” (“Backup and replace” seemed drastic) and pointed at the klok.dat copy on my desktop; I also tried to point it at the 302 byte file by selecting the “Local Store” folder. Neither of these efforts did anything.

Sorry for the excess non-techno geek verbiage.

Can you try to open up each klok.dat file in notepad and check to see if anything looks familiar?

Thanks
    scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

They are all empty. Guess I’m out of luck–10 months of data I’d hoped to use in a bunch of ways down the drain.

Given that I’m not the only one this has happened to recently, maybe there’s a bug?

Oh well.

It could be a bug.
    Please note that we are close to releasing the 2.0 version.
    Stay tuned for updates,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.