Home Forums Feature Requests Expand the project tree when timeline object is clicked…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    davetotten235davetotten235
    Participant

This program rocks!!!!!

I feel rather ingratuitous for requesting features in an excellent program being distributed as freeware, but I do have one idea:

Since the timeline objects don’t display the project path, but only the sub-project name, it might be nice to have the project tree expand and highlight the top level project whenever a timeline object is clicked.

Some of our project trees are fairly deep, and many of these are repeated structures with identical sub-project names under differently named master projects, all with the same default color-key. This makes it hard to know at a glance which master project owned the sub-project being worked. This adds substantial complexity to coding this program since I’m sure that this would require every project added to the tree to have a unique ID, even if each instance comes from a template. Certainly not impossible, though.

Having the project tree expand and select the top-level project would identify exactly which master project owned the sub-project entry.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.