Home Forums Get Help for Klok different cell format in xls timesheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maggiemccarronmaggiemccarron
    Participant

Exporting in excel the timesheet I got some cells formatted “general” and other formatted “custom” (hh.mm.).
    Somebody could explain why and how to solve this issue? I’d like to have the same cell format for every cell for reporting use.

Thanks
    Marco

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Marco,
    did you find a way to sole the problem?? Date column seems to contain date in mm/dd/yyyy format, but my Excel is based on OS date format (dd/mm/yyyy), so the dates that can be swapped between dd and mm (ex: 01/01/2010, 07/09/2010..) are threated in a way (right aligned, seems to be Date type, but with dd/mm swapped), the other dates that are “unique” (ex: 16/12/2008, 09/14/2010) are threated in another way (left column aligned, seems to be Text type). Infact, setting column format property to “custom” and using the format gg-mm-aaaa (or dd-mm-yyyy I mean for english Excel) you can see how only part of the values takes the new format, while the other values stay invaried (with / separator and left aligned).

I don’t know if this is a problem in Excel while importing/converting/interpreting values, or in Klock while creating xls document, however I’ve not a solution to solve this problem, yet!

Any help will be kindly appeciated!

Massimo

Klok doesn’t do anything special when creating the data for the columns. It is just putting a string in each cell that happens to represent dates or numbers. My guess is it is Excel trying to be helpful and converting the ones it recognizes automatically.

I will look into it though. What version of Excel are you seeing the problem in?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.