Home Forums Get Help for Klok conceptually great

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for creating this software and providing a free version of it.
    I think conceptually you’re really onto something nice, and I’ll probably buy a full license just out of support.

However, I doubt I will actually use the software on a daily basis as it stands. I think the reason might be the platform.
    This is the first adobe air application I’ve installed, and I’ve noticed the memory usage is very high (70mb). I wouldn’t mind that
    when it’s full screen, but would hope that when minimised that a simple clock running in the background in the systray would be
    as small and unobtrusive as possible. For comparison, the next highest I’ve got is Outlook 2007 (50mb). It would be nicer if,
    when minimised, the main program could get dumped out of memory and replaced with a small 5-10mb clock application.
    That’s coming from someone who knows nothing about programming though – I’ve no idea if that is a practical suggestion.
    Maybe it’s not such a big deal for most people with 4Gb of RAM and quad core. My old laptop struggles though.

Additionally, some normal Operating System features seem to be missing (Eg. the window can only be resized in one corner,
    there is no ‘drag selection’ or ‘multi-selection’). Also there seem to be a fair amount of interface glitches and graphical bugs.
    Again, this is probably due to the limitations of the air platform.

I guess my question is – being a 2.x release, how finished is this product?
    Is it already in the final stages of development, or is it only really just out of beta?

One conceptual suggestion I have is this – I am primarily using the interface to PLAN my day; sketching out what I intend
    to do, as opposed to starting out blank and using Klok to record what I am doing as I go along. The problem with this is
    that when I do start recording, the ‘plan’ is moved over to the left to make way for the recording. After the day is finished
    I have to manually delete the ‘plan’ parts, leaving the recorded version in place.

So, would it be possible to have a ‘planning’, overlay view? A view that accepted chunks of time to be dragged onto it for
    fleshing out the day, but which would not be recorded to. The recordings would only placed on the default view. I’m thinking
    more from a time-management perspective here, as opposed to solely time tracking.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Additionally, some normal Operating System features seem to be missing (Eg. the window can only be resized in one corner,
    there is no ‘drag selection’ or ‘multi-selection’). Also there seem to be a fair amount of interface glitches and graphical bugs.
    Again, this is probably due to the limitations of the air platform.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the list guys. it’ll really help me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.