Home Forums Get Help for Klok All data lost

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

So far I really like this softwar, thankks for developing it !

However, I don’t know what happened but I lost all my data, all time tracked, all projects. It’s just as it was when I first install it… What can I do ? I really need to retrieve the data! Where is it stored ? Does it keep a copy somewhere ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi Marcan
    Thanks for posting.

The data for Klok is stored in a file called klok.dat. It can be found at

Windows XP: C:Documents and Settings[User Name]Application DataKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store

Windows Vista: C:Users[User Name]AppDataRoamingKlok.AF6B2973D903BFAE0589C27890FE0146C233490A.1Local Store

Let me know if this helps.

Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

The location of the file is configurable from the preferences tab. Any chance that you had it storing the data file in a different location and somehow reset it accidentally?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry to hear it. I was thinking of have Klok transparently store a duplicate copy in the default storage location, even if you specify a custom location just so there is an automatic backup. I know this doesn’t help you now, but I may prioritize its for next time.

PATRICK GREENPATRICK GREEN
    Participant

How do you suggest dealing with repeating tasks? I do the same tasks week after week. How should I reset the time on those tasks to start fresh today, the beginning of the new week?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.