The search function (set to look everywhere) found one folder called klok.dat, and three files it identified as “klok.dat”
One is on my desktop–I cut and pasted this one out of the “Local Storeklok.dat” folder yesterday in the vain hope it was original and would remain uncorrupted while I messed around with this problem.
One of the files that came up in the search has the form “1230754676859_klok.dat” and has 302 bytes; it is in “Documents and Settings(my computer)Application DataKlok.(long alphanumeric string that I can give you if you need it).1Local Store”
The third (klok.dat-the one I copied) is in “Documents and Settings(my computer)Application DataKlok.(long alphanumeric string that I can give you if you need it).1Local Storeklok.dat”
I did try changing preferences to alter the file location using the “Use data from file in new location” (“Backup and replace” seemed drastic) and pointed at the klok.dat copy on my desktop; I also tried to point it at the 302 byte file by selecting the “Local Store” folder. Neither of these efforts did anything.
Sorry for the excess non-techno geek verbiage.