Home Forums Get Help for Klok Repeating Tasks Reply To: Repeating Tasks

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi Rob,

That makes sense. For my work, I definitely would like to see it added to an already wonderful product. I spend my weeks doing exactly the same thing, over and over, week after week. I have exactly 8 main task, and each one of those has 2-3 sub-tasks. With your product, I don’t see anyway to keep from having to delete the tasks and subtasks and retype them over each week when I want to begin counting the hours for that week. I wish there was a way to simply delete the time spent (without erasing the history) without deleting the tasks themselves, so that I wouldn’t have to retype all 8 of them (with their subtasks) over and over each week.

Possibly there is a way to do that now, I just can’t think of one.

Thank you again, Rob, for an excellent product!

@Rob wrote:

Repeating entries is one of those features that sounds much simpler than it is to implement. The reason I haven’t prioritized it is because, in my work, it is pretty unlikely that anything truly repeats exactly from week to week. When you have a weekly meeting for example, they never start or end at the exact same time or last for the exact same duration. Since my original goal was to create a tool that gave a very accurate view of the time spent, I felt like the repeating entries would all have to be adjusted each time anyway.

That being said, if enough people can argue that this adds significant value, I will put it in (even if I wouldn’t use it myself).