Home Forums Get Help for Klok Bug? Klok2 disappears, won’t restart in Win XP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m running Windows XP. Klok2 sometimes just disappears, and I can’t restart it.

When this happens, Klok2.exe is listed in the windows task manager/ process tab (using 66,580 K, no CPU) but there’s no Klok listed in the application tab. It doesn’t show in the windows toolbar either. The only way I’ve found to get it back is to reboot the computer or kill the process thru task manager, and then Klok2 will restart normally when I click on the icon.

This makes me nervous because I’m not sure what Klok2 is doing with the time log while it’s in whatever limbo it goes to, and I count on it being visible when I close my work window so I remember to klok out on the project. (Wouldn’t it be nice to have a little timer bar that could be always on top showing current elapsed time and little start/pause/stop buttons? Is that available anywhere in this program?)

Is there anything I can do to keep my Klok from clocking out? :geek:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a similar issue in Windows 7 32-bit. The program window will disappear and I cannot get it back. I kill the process and restart the app to work around. Don’t seem to lose any data though… Running latest version. Problem persists after reboot i.e. works at first, then disappears.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’re having the same problem as bcrepps.

The timer also continues to run while it’s hiding out in the “Processes” abyss.

Can you tell me if there is still an icon in the task tray (bottom right next to klok)?
    In Windows 7 it may be hidden by default. You may have to select “customize” on the task tray (small triangle) then select the “Show Icon and Notifications” for the Klok program

Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, smckeown – that works.

Clicking the icon in the task tray brings the Klok 2 window up and we can continue to work with it.

Thanks for the quick reply – we’re back in business!

Glad it works for you.
    Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

That fixed it, thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.