Home › Forums › Feature Requests › Work Past midnight
- This topic is empty.
- December 10, 2008 at 4:13 pm #750AnonymousInactive
I do almost all of my work at night, and as a result my hours tend to run from about 9PM to 2AM the next morning. It would be really great if when adding entries for past dates you could enter time through midnight. Right now I have to create a separate entry for up to 11:59 PM and then a new entry for midnight through whenever I finished working.January 7, 2009 at 2:59 am #1359AnonymousInactive
In 1.5 when you enter a time entry that crosses midnight you should be prompted with the option to make it span into the next day. What happens is two entries are created (which is for technical reasons)February 27, 2009 at 5:44 pm #1360AnonymousInactive
I’m in the same boat as snailface, except I would like to make my days go from 2am to 2 am, instead of midnight to midnight.
I know this isn’t technically correct, but I consider my work late in the evening, not early in the morning.
qrNovember 4, 2010 at 10:45 pm #1361AnonymousInactive
I’m okay with having to split the time block at midnight (that kind of makes sense for keeping days separate), but I’m having some other problems (I work late at night, and am trying to track all my activities 24 hrs per day to get a complete pie chart).
Whenever I place or drag a time block right up to the end of the day (midnight), Klok creates a tiny (1-minute) block of the same project on the next day. This causes a few problems:
1) if I put another activity starting at 12:00 (or 00:00) the next day, it shrinks to half width (due to being at the same time as the 1-minute fragment … see screenshot).
2) I end up having to manually edit end-of the day activities to end at 11:59.
3) Worse: having to go manually find and delete all the little 1-minute time blocks accidentally created.
4) Much worse: having those 1-minute (or I’ve even had zero-minute) time blocks show up on my time sheet.
Is there a fix or workaround for this? (I mean, a better workaround than what I’ve described.)
[attachment=0:1jcpxz6e]Klok_question1.jpg[/attachment:1jcpxz6e]February 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm #1362AnonymousInactive
1st – Klok is a great application.
2nd – I often work late and my entries run past mid-night. The issue I am experiencing is when I add a time entry that spans past mid-night it creates 2 entries (which is fine) but my comments are ONLY saved in the 1st entry. I have to go into the 1st entry and copy the comment then update the 2nd entry and paste the same comment. It would be nice if it automatically did that when it creates the 2nd entry (or at least asks you to do it for you).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.