Home Forums Get Help for Klok Klok 2 Won’t start

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I installed Klok2, it ran its updates but failed to start afterwards. First it got stuck on ‘Initializing’, (see fig.1) then, after terminating and running again, just fails to start up completely (see fig.2). No amount of waiting helps, the app seems to use no CPU (see fig.3)

fig 1:

fig 2:

fig 3:

Using Windows 7.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So basically, I’m screwed.

Can you tell me what version of Adobe Air you are running and what operating system please?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Adobe Air Latest version, and as I stated in the post, Windows 7.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am having the same problem, the program goes dead halfway through initialization. No CPU usage, no nothing. I reinstalled Air, rebooted and still nothing.

I am using Mac OS 10.6.4
    Macbook Pro 3.1

Can you please try to download the air file directly from our website at http://getklok.com/downloads/Klok2.air
    Once download please try to run this file directly.

Thanks
    Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I recently tried starting Klok and am encountering the same problem… — Read through for my resolution

Operating System: OS X 10.6.4
    Adobe Air Version: 2.1.4

To try to resolve the problem I tried the following:

Download Klok from the website and reinstall.
    Download Klock from the link in the previous post.
    –Neither worked

Remove the Local Store directory from the Klok directory in Preferences
    — Klok started just fine, but without my existing time entries as its a new database

I eventually figured out that the Klok Connector was the culprit. If you have it installed or maybe any other plugin installed…
    ** Its probably a good idea to make a backup copy of the Local Store directory before you do this just in case anything goes wrong.

1) Go into the Klok Preferences folder where all your data is stored:
    Windows XP: C:Documents and Settings[User Name]Application DataKlok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1Local Store
    Windows Vista: C:Users[User Name]AppDataRoamingKlok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1Local Store
    Mac OSX: user/Library/Preferences/Klok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1/Local Store
    Linux (Ubuntu): ~/.appdata/Klok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1/Local Store

2) Look for the plugins directory
    3) Delete/move/rename any folder in the plugins directory. My install had a connector folder that I deleted.
    4) Try restarting Klok, and hopefully it will load
    5) Reinstall any plugins that you deleted from step #3 from the Klok interface

Hopefully this helps…

Cheers,
    G

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, it did work… I wiped the files out of preferences and reinstalled. Then replaced my Klok.db with the older file. Had to do it a couple of times and re-start as it didn’t work the first time.

I was afraid I’d lost my last month’s billing records!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad it worked…!

Maybe I should have emphasized the remember to backup portion so nobody gives themselves a heart attack in the instance something goes horribly wrong!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This also happened to me. Klok suddenly stopped to start. I tried this solution and worked fine. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same happened to me on Windows 7. I deleted the data store and then it worked ok. In this case it wasn’t a problem because it was a new laptop and I didn’t have any data yet. I’m trying to use Klok accross 2 machines by sharing the data store located on one of the machines, so I’m hoping it won’t cause corruption of the data.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had to remove the entire ‘Klok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.’-folder to get it to work again on Win7.

Please see http://support.getklok.com/forums/15175/topics/7546
    For more info about Klok not starting.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thought I posted this earlier – but not seeing it…

Anyway – updated to the latest version of klok now it won’t start

Tried deleting the connect file

tried the make config.xml old and restart

deleted the whole program – after backup – re-installed latest version

Nothing

REverted to 1.5 – it works but seems this version uses klok.dat instead of klok.db so can’t put in my stuff… very frustrating… I have used Klok for awhile with no issue – no changes to the system other than update my klok – unsure.

Any help greatly appreciated

Have you tried the steps in this article
    http://support.getklok.com/forums/15175/topics/7546

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.