Home Forums Get Help for Klok CPU Hog?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just started using Klok2 and I’m very pleased with the functionality, but it’s consistently using 30-40% of the CPU on my 2GHz Core 2 Duo laptop. This makes it impractical to keep it running while I work on anything remotely CPU intensive. I’m on XP Pro 32-bit and have the latest Adobe AIR (2.0.2).

I searched here and on bugs for ‘cpu’ and found nothing. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Any ideas or suggestions? If I can’t solve this I’ll have to give up on this app.

Btw, I have AS3 skills and would be happy to help if you want any outside assistance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man, my experience is nothing like that. With Klok 2 running a project, CPU use is 1% baseline, bouncing to 2% occasionally, probably from other processes.

FWIW, I am running a fairly modern 3 GHz dual-core Intel i5 on a 540 MHz bus.

Db

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just installed Klok2 yesterday. I am finding exactly the same. Takes up repeatedly 40-50% CPU. It’s on the borderline of uninstalling because it takes up too much from all my other programs. Really drives down performance.

What could POSSIBLY account for this? I expect the program just counting the clock ticks at this stage, no? That’s pretty simple, no? Not make sense to me.

Ok. Older system that serves me well. WinXP – pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, 2 Gig memory.

Neat product. Was seriously thinking of upgrading…..

Am I out of luck?

Tom

An update to Adobe Air will sometimes fix this Issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In the interim, same thing happened. I found that exiting the program, then restart fixed it. At least for now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got the same problem: CPU-usage of Klok2 (even when it’s in the background) is around 30%.
    But when I disconnect my mobile phone, connected through Microsoft ActiveSync the CPU-usage of Klok2 goes down to 0 – 2%

natishagates308natishagates308
    Participant

I’ve noticed that when I drag a project around in the project tree, the scrollbar seems to steal focus in the sense that if I move the mouse above the scroll bar (to another window, for instance), the CPU skyrockets because the Scroll Up even is continuously firing. Same for the scroll down.

To fix this, I either closing Klok2 and re-open it (annoying), or create a new project and delete it, which seems to “unstick” the scroll buttons. Likely some Focus-related event that seems to think the scrollbar has the mouse pressed down.

I tend to avoid re-organizing projects until the end of the week, where I do a reboot so I’m closing things down anyways.

Win XP SP3

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Toolman wrote:

I’ve got the same problem: CPU-usage of Klok2 (even when it’s in the background) is around 30%.
    But when I disconnect my mobile phone, connected through Microsoft ActiveSync the CPU-usage of Klok2 goes down to 0 – 2%

I thought ActiveSync was causing the problem, but now (a few days later) the problem with the CPU-usage is back even without ActiveSync.
    I would really like to know what is causing the problem. Klok2 has a very poor performance. If I don’t find a solution this week, I will have to stop using it, because of the amount of time it takes to even register one activity.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it temporarily fix itself by exiting then restarting the program? Worked for me. Want to compare notes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.