Home Forums Get Help for Klok Cannot Open a New Project in 1.5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Greetings,

I really appreciate this product! I used 1.0 fine, but when I downloaded 1.5 I cannot open a new project. I click on “Add” “from Template” and then click on “blank template” but no new project opens up. The “project view” does not allow me to put a name in, it is all grayed out.

Do you have a suggestion?

Thank you again!

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

When you create a project from template it just creates the entry on the left called “[Client Name]”. If you want to change it you can double click it to get the projects summary screen where you can change the name.

Does it create the “[Client Name]” entry?

Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

By the way, I did uninstall and then reinstall, and got an error message saying “cannot access data file”, something about the file path not being accessible. I’m using Vista. The program also says, “since this is the first time you are using this program a sample project has been created for you” but there is no sample file created.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Mike

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Rob wrote:

When you create a project from template it just creates the entry on the left called “[Client Name]”. If you want to change it you can double click it to get the projects summary screen where you can change the name.

Does it create the “[Client Name]” entry?

Rob

Yes, that is what it did on 1.0, but on 1.5 I cannot create a new project at all, and the sample project does not show up. No, it did not create the [Client Name] entry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have you tried this tip from the klok site?
    http://klok.mcgraphix.com/klok/klok_1_5.htm

Some people have reported that there is an issue with installing the beta over an existing 1.0 installation which results in what seems like the entire project list going missing. It also seems that you cannot create any new projects. There appears to be an issue finding the data from the default data location which is easily solved.

If you go to the Preferences screen and click the button to choose a new data file folder you will be prompted with a directory browser. If you leave the default selected folder as is and click “ok”, it will start working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Rob, but I’m a bit confused, sorry for the trouble. If I go to “preferences” there are two buttons there: “change” and “use default location.” If I click the “change” one, then a browser pops up and I click “OK” which brings up this message box:

“A Data file already exists in that location. What would you like to do with the file in….” and I have the option to:

“Backup and Replace”

or

“Use data from file in new location.”

or

“Cancel. Don’t change anything.”

Which do I choose? Am I doing this right?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Select “Use data from file in new location.”

What that will do is use the data that is found in the file from the folder you selected which should be your existing data.

Suppose Klok is loading data from folder A currently and you select folder B as the new location. It will leave the old data file in Folder A alone and load in the data found in the file in folder B.

If you choose the same folder that Klok is already looking in (folder A) it should reload the data in the data file.

Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, that worked perfectly. Thanks Rob!

@Rob wrote:

Select “Use data from file in new location.”

What that will do is use the data that is found in the file from the folder you selected which should be your existing data.

Suppose Klok is loading data from folder A currently and you select folder B as the new location. It will leave the old data file in Folder A alone and load in the data found in the file in folder B.

If you choose the same folder that Klok is already looking in (folder A) it should reload the data in the data file.

Rob

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!
    Are you running the latest version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Rob wrote:

Great!
    Are you running the latest version?

I believe so. It is 1.5.1 RC1.1

Is that it?

Yes that is the latest version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you. By the way, I am having problems receiving notifications of postings on this forum. I receive 4 of the following messages about once every half hour. That is, every half hour I get 4 email messages notifying me of new posts here, whether there are new posts made or not. I have even unsubscribed from this thread, but I still get the same 4 notifications through email every so often. Any suggestions on how to stop those from coming? Here is the email:

Hello mikejody,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic, “Cannot Open a New Project in 1.5” at “KLOK.mcgraphix.com”. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&p=11&e=11

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
    viewforum.php?f=2

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the “Unsubscribe topic” link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&unwatch=topic

Thanks, The Management

I have been receiving the same.
    i may have to turen off email notifications for now as there may be a bug in the forum software.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott

@mikejody wrote:

Thank you. By the way, I am having problems receiving notifications of postings on this forum. I receive 4 of the following messages about once every half hour. That is, every half hour I get 4 email messages notifying me of new posts here, whether there are new posts made or not. I have even unsubscribed from this thread, but I still get the same 4 notifications through email every so often. Any suggestions on how to stop those from coming? Here is the email:

Hello mikejody,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic, “Cannot Open a New Project in 1.5” at “KLOK.mcgraphix.com”. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the following link:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&p=11&e=11

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
    viewforum.php?f=2

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the “Unsubscribe topic” link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&unwatch=topic

Thanks, The Management

mikejody
    I made a change to the forum software to by pass the forums mail queue. I think that may be duplicating the messages. Let me know if you still get multiple messages.

Scott

As of today that is the latest version.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.